We’re pleased to announce that more than 150,000 people have now signed up for Fab.com ahead of our official launch.
And, we’re also thrilled to announce that we have set a date for our Grand Opening: June 9, 2011.
When we first started working on Fab.com on March 9, 2011, we set a stretch-goal internally to have 100,000 people signed up by the time of our launch. It’s so cool to see so many design enthusiasts signed up and anticipating our launch. It’s humbling.
Now, it’s time for us to deliver. Our team has been working around the clock to put together a service that we hope will delight you each day with a daily dose of design inspiration. More than 150 leading designers and suppliers have signed on to run sales with us. It’s almost showtime! (insert nervous excitement here).
Here are some quick notes about our pre-launch signups:
- We started off with 0 subscribers on March 9, 2011. On that day we put out word that Fab.com would be launching soon, featuring daily design inspirations and sales of up to 70% off retail.
- We’ve added 150,000 signups in 102 days = average of 1470 new signups per day.
- We’ve consistently added about 10,000 subscribers per week the past 6 weeks.
- The biggest spike in signups was in mid-April when we launched our Fab.com Inspiration Wall, a user-generated design mood board that we released ahead of the sales. And, 1/3 of all subscribers have used the Inspiration Wall.
- 72,450 of the 150,000 subscribers (about half) have joined virally from another user’s email invite or Facebook share or Twitter link.
- In total, our subscribers have already invited 389,829 people to Fab.com.
- 27,843 subscribers have invited at least 1 other person. 20,442 have invited at least 3 other people. And, 2457 have invited at least 10 other people.
- 7212 subscribers joined from someone else’s Twitter link.
- 5305 subscribers joined from someone else’s Facebook share.
Onward and upward. We’re just getting started.