Calling all design heads, up-and-comers, and next-big-thingers—this is your shot to show us what you’ve got. Fab will be on the scene at London Design Festival for our third Disrupting Design Call Out.
Bring your prototypes, portfolios, and million-dollar ideas on September 19th for a chance to have your original design concept turned into a tangible reality. Your best pitch will be judged by this line up of all stars:
Bradford Shellhammer, Founder and Chief Design Officer, Fab
Jasper Conran, Chairman and Creative Director, The Conran Shop
Rolf Hay, Co-Founder, Hay
Marcus Fairs, Founder, Dezeen
Paul Cocksedge, Designer
Casper Vissers, CEO and Founder, Moooi
Kristoffer Fagerström, Susanna Wåhlin & Cristiano Pigazzini, Note Design Studio
Max Fraser, Design Writer and Deputy Director, The London Design Festival
Marcus Kirby, Founder, Future Maps
Libby Sellers, Gallerist, Libby Sellers Gallery
John Löfgren & Jonas Pettersson FormUsWithLove
Bethan Laura Wood, Designer
Our expert panel will pick a handful of designers whose product will be manufactured and sold to 10+ million members worldwide on Fab. Your work should be of high quality and be a functional object made through handcrafted, high-tech, and/or experimental processes.
Pre-register with your name and country to: email@example.com
When: 1pm-3pm on September 19th, 2013
Where: The Conran Shop, Marylebone at 55-57 Marylebone High St.
• You must only submit your original product designs. All work must be your own.
• By entering your product designs, you will not be releasing any intellectual property rights you may have in your designs.
• Please only submit product designs that you are comfortable having disclosed to the public and possibly photographed for use on social media.
• If your product design is chosen, you will be offered an opportunity to have your product manufactured and sold by Fab.
• Any offers by Fab to have your product manufactured will be subject to certain terms and conditions, which will be presented to you at the time of the offer.
• You are free to reject the offer, in which case Fab may choose the product design of another designer.
• There is no cash value for the right or the opportunity to receive an offer from Fab.
We’re also proud to announce the winners from our last Disrupting Design competition, held at New York’s ICFF in May.
More than 100 designers from around the globe descended on the Big Apple with the hopes of turning their big idea into the next big thing on Fab. We chose nine innovative designs to produce and sell to our millions of members.
And the winners are…
Bettie Cott and Lauren Reed | Cott & Reed Free Standing Wardrobe | Canada
Liu Yang | Storage Stools | China
Takeshi Sawada | Animal Stools | Japan
Linda Facci | Easy Life Accessories | USA
Scott Klinker | Puzzle Toy | USA
Louie Rigano | About Time Clock | USA
Andrew Sack | Modular Furniture and Skatewax Candles | USA
Joel Seigle | Brick Door Stop | USA
Taylor McKenzie-Veal | Flint Table | USA
Read more about our previous winners on FastCo Design.