We’re thrilled to announce the Grand Opening of Fab.com.
Put simply: Fab.com is Design Online.
We’re truly humbled by the fantastic pre-launch reaction to Fab.com from consumers and suppliers alike. We never in our wildest dreams imaged that we would launch with 200,000 members on day 1 and more than 175 leading designers already scheduled to offer their products on our site. Now, it’s all about executing to our plan and delivering a daily dose of design inspiration.
Here are some quick facts about the launch:
- Fab.com launches today at 11:00 AM Eastern / 8:00 AM Pacific as the leading online destination for design enthusiasts.
- Fab.com features daily design inspirations and flash sales at up to 70% off retail.
- Fab.com, launches with 200,000 members and more than 175 leading designers and manufacturers. The initial 200,000 members were acquired via viral pre-launch invites. The average person joining Fab in the 60 days before launch invited 4 friends. 1 in 3 people who joined pre-launch shared a link on Twitter or Facebook encouraging their friends to join.
- Fab.com sales launch each day at 11:00 AM Eastern / 8:00 AM Pacific.
- New sales launch 7 days per week and each sale lasts for 72 hours.
- All upcoming sales are announced exclusively to members through the Fab.com website as well as via a daily e-newsletter.
- Fab.com membership is free but numbers are restricted in order to maintain exceptional prices.
- The common theme for Fab.com’s product selection is good design. Fab.com will feature design products in a wide range of categories such as furniture, home accessories, technology, entertaining, lighting, art, outdoor, toys, personal accessories, and more.
- Fab.com is working with a unique roster of influential designers and manufacturers as well as talented, emerging designers selected by the Fab.com curation team.
- Sales are curated by design industry experts like Monica Khemsurov (founder of SightUnseen, editor at Details, former editor at ID), Fab.com Buying Director David Branham (former senior buyer for The Conran Shop) and well-known product designer Karim Rashid.
- During the first week of sales, Fab.com will feature designers and products such as signed posters from renown graphic designer Milton Glaser, most known for his “I Heart NY” logo design, FontanaArte, an iconic Italian lighting company founded by Gio Ponti, designer toys from Kid Robot, PUBLIC Bikes, the modern bicycle brand launched by Design Within Reach founder Rob Forbes, and a collection of Alvar Aalto vases from Finnish tabletop design house littala.
- The Fab.com flash sales are enhanced by the Fab.com Inspiration Wall. A communal mood board, the Inspiration Wall allows members to share and discover design inspirations from other design enthusiasts, uploaded from PC, Instagram, and via Google image searches. The Inspiration Wall compliments the design sales on the site, aiding and inspiring members to see how other people have incorporated colors, silhouettes, and differently scaled objects into their living spaces and wardrobes.