Showing 399 posts tagged Fab
Are you an emerging designer or student who wants to disrupt the industry? Fab wants to make your dreams come true. We’re setting up shop in Milan during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, and together with our all-star team of celebrity judges, we want to see what you’ve got.
Bring your product ideas, portfolios, and prototypes on April 10th to be judged, on the spot, by:
Bradford Shellhammer, Co-Founder and Chief Design Officer, Fab.
Rob Forbes, Founder, Design Within Reach, Public Bikes.
Ambra Medda, Founder, Ambra Medda Office.
Tom Dixon, Designer, Founder of Tom Dixon.
Yves Béhar, Designer and Founder, Fuse Project, and Chief Creative Officer, Jawbone.
Amanda Dameron, Editor in Chief, Dwell Magazine.
Michael Hermann, Director of Licensing, The Andy Warhol Foundation.
Birgit Lohmann, Editor in Chief, designboom.com
We’ll pick three designers whose products will be manufactured and sold to 12 million members on Fab. Your work should be of high quality and be a functional object made through handcrafted, high-tech, and/or experimental processes.
- Pre-register with your name and country to: email@example.com
- When: 4pm—6pm Wednesday April 10th, 2013.
- Where: Meet us by the trains at MOST.
(Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia, Via Olona 6B, 20123, Milano, Italy.)
Don’t miss this chance to better people’s lives with your design!
Read more about this project on FastCo Design.
- - -
• You must only submit your original product designs. All work must be your own.
• By entering your product designs, you will not be releasing any intellectual property rights you may have in your designs.
• Please only submit product designs that you are comfortable having disclosed to the public and possibly photographed for use on social media.
• If your product design is chosen, you will be offered an opportunity to have your product manufactured and sold by Fab.
• Any offers by Fab to have your product manufactured will be subject to certain terms and conditions, which will be presented to you at the time of the offer.
• You are free to reject the offer, in which case Fab may choose the product design of another designer.
• There is no cash value for the right or the opportunity to receive an offer from Fab.
Any chance you looked around your living room yesterday and thought first about how many cocktails you consumed at last night’s New Year’s soiree and second about how boring the walls in your apartment have become in all the months you didn’t decorate them?
(Okay. That second part might have been a stretch. Just stick with us.)
It’s 2013, and this is the year you’re finally going to go gangbusters on your home decor. Step one: Let’s make those walls pop! No, not with a coat of chartreuse paint—though, if you do that, we’re definitely into it—but rather with a little bit of ornamentation. Try these beautiful little baubles on for size—easy to install with maximum impact? Now that’s one way to dress up a blank canvas.
Get to know Kajal Sanghrajka, Fab-featured founder of EbK—Eyewear by Kajal!
My name is Kajal.
When I was little, I thought I was going to be taller than I am now.
My proudest moment so far has been the launch of our first curated vintage collection with Selima Optique at Bond07 in New York. It was our first entrance into the US market and we had a very positive response to the products plus a few celebrities in attendance!
The best vacation I ever took was in India. We did a charity bike ride from Agra near the Taj Mahal and finished in Jaipur at the Amber Fort. It took 5 days and was physically tough but absolutely breathtaking at the same time.
When I need to relax, I … write and write and write….
The thing I love most about my job is meeting incredibly talented and creative people every day. For me business is about the people you meet and the relationships and value you build with them.
I draw inspiration from my fellow entrepreneurs. EbK is part of a co-working space, Columbia Business Lab in Soho. We have a room of passionate and ambitious people who are building great companies and who I have the good fortune to talk to and gain feedback from everyday.
I cannot work without … Pandora!
In five years, I hope to have millions of happy customers looking brilliant wearing our vintage and in house designed collections.
Three things you should know about my company are:
1. All our products are unworn, one-of-a-kind original vintage sunglasses & frames handpicked from all over Europe.
2. EbK stands for Eyes by Kajal. Kajal is the Hindi word for Kohl, traditionally used by women in India to beautify their eyes. It was destiny!
3. We are currently collaborating with a fellow Fab designer and founder of Sienna Ray bags at a pop up in Soho. Come down and try on our products at 252 Mott Street through the end of January!