Showing 398 posts tagged fab
Are you an emerging designer or student who wants to disrupt the industry? Fab wants to make your dreams come true. We’re setting up shop in Milan during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, and together with our all-star team of celebrity judges, we want to see what you’ve got.
Bring your product ideas, portfolios, and prototypes on April 10th to be judged, on the spot, by:
Bradford Shellhammer, Co-Founder and Chief Design Officer, Fab.
Rob Forbes, Founder, Design Within Reach, Public Bikes.
Ambra Medda, Founder, Ambra Medda Office.
Tom Dixon, Designer, Founder of Tom Dixon.
Yves Béhar, Designer and Founder, Fuse Project, and Chief Creative Officer, Jawbone.
Amanda Dameron, Editor in Chief, Dwell Magazine.
Michael Hermann, Director of Licensing, The Andy Warhol Foundation.
Birgit Lohmann, Editor in Chief, designboom.com
We’ll pick three designers whose products will be manufactured and sold to 12 million members on Fab. Your work should be of high quality and be a functional object made through handcrafted, high-tech, and/or experimental processes.
- Pre-register with your name and country to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When: 4pm—6pm Wednesday April 10th, 2013.
- Where: Meet us by the trains at MOST.
(Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia, Via Olona 6B, 20123, Milano, Italy.)
Don’t miss this chance to better people’s lives with your design!
Read more about this project on FastCo Design.
- - -
• You must only submit your original product designs. All work must be your own.
• By entering your product designs, you will not be releasing any intellectual property rights you may have in your designs.
• Please only submit product designs that you are comfortable having disclosed to the public and possibly photographed for use on social media.
• If your product design is chosen, you will be offered an opportunity to have your product manufactured and sold by Fab.
• Any offers by Fab to have your product manufactured will be subject to certain terms and conditions, which will be presented to you at the time of the offer.
• You are free to reject the offer, in which case Fab may choose the product design of another designer.
• There is no cash value for the right or the opportunity to receive an offer from Fab.